National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa
The National Shrine of Our Lady of Czestochowa occupies approximately 170 acres of land. Located on Beacon Hill, and overlooking Peace Valley, the Shrine is the perfect place to come and spend time in prayer and reflection.
With the completion of some major construction, the Shrine has been expanded, adding some much needed facilities to accommodate the hundreds of thousands of pilgrims who visit here each year.
LOWER CHURCH - Originally the cafeteria, this area below the Main Church has been converted to replicate Our Lady's Chapel from the Jasna Gora Monastery in Czestochowa Poland. If you have ever seen the original Chapel, this replica of the beautiful black and silver altar and the image of the Black Madonna, will transport you back to Jasna Gora. Four new side chapels have also been added to the Lower Church. These chapels are dedicated to St. Paul the First Hermit, Our Lady of Nazareth, Divine Mercy and Our Lady of Guadalupe.
VISITOR CENTER - This new building houses many of the facilities once located in the lower level of the Main Church, plus a few new ones:
- Cafeteria - this new dining facility can accommodate 450 people. It includes a new, expanded self-service area; a separate dining area for private groups; an expanded store for Polish food products; a raised stage area for speakers or entertainment; and an outdoor balcony overlooking the Stations of the Cross and a beautiful view of the Peace Valley area.
- Exhibition Hall - includes beautiful artwork, religious items and gifts donated to the Shrine.
- Religious Articles Center - expanded and stocked with a wide selection of religious items & souvenirs, books, imported gifts and much more.
- Meeting Room - large meeting room available for conferences, seminars and groups.
- Chapel - an additional Chapel is available to groups visiting the Shrine. Adjacent to the Meeting Room, this Chapel can be conveniently used by groups meeting in the adjacent conference room.
- Shrine Offices - all Shrine offices, including the Cemetery Office, are now located on the lower level of the Reception Center.
RETREAT HOUSE - the new Ave Maria Retreat House makes it now possible for pilgrims to stay overnight at the Shrine. This new facility can accommodate up to 80 overnight guests. The rooms are simple, yet spacious and equipped with modern amenities. Rooms with handicapped facilities and an elevator are also available.
- Chapel - located on the second floor of the Retreat House, the Chapel offers pilgrims a place to celebrate Mass or for private devotions.
- Meeting Room - can accommodate up to 50 people and can be set up to meet the needs of visiting groups.
STATIONS OF THE CROSS - these new outdoor Stations are located in the obelisk in front of the Shrine. Surrounded by towering evergreens, the beautiful & peaceful setting make it the perfect place to loose oneself in private prayer.
The Pauline Fathers and Brothers invite individuals and groups to visit and use all the facilities now available at the Shrine. They warmly welcome both Catholic and non-Catholic visitors.